Friday, July 20, 2012

calm in the storm

praise God - we have found some calm in the storm! my best friend in the f2f world came for a quick 2 day visit. we've been talking a lot lately about memories and flashbacks and safe places and she had an inspiration from God to create a safe place place in my home - an actual, physical area in my house that i can go specifically to ground and to recover that i find fun, inspiring, relaxing and peaceful. so - in two days we did a miracle makeover of my bedroom - the one room creating the most triggers and stress in the house - the room where peace was most needed. i believe she was inspired! because it is AMAZING the difference. we cleared out all of the laundry and boxes and bins and extra furniture and clutter and put in it's place a table with drawers, a basket, and my favorite comfy chair. we included (in the new hidden storage areas) my music, my journals, favorite pictures and inspiring writings, books, knicknacks that remind me of happy things, and what my friend calls fidgets - a bunch of things of various textures and shapes that help soothe me and my "inner children". oh what a tremendously huge difference it's made and the room has not even been finished for 12 hours yet! for the first time in a long time, i've had a whole day without flashbacks, a nap without nightmares, and a general feeling of peace and happy. what a terrific thing. especially in that room. hopefully this will help with many areas that have been affected by the stress produced by the triggers of that room. that's the plan anyway. so - just had to share that - even if it's short term - there is calm in my storm. praise God! :)

No comments: